RV / Camper Insurance in Vermont

Camper liability insurance is required in every state so get covered today!

Camper in Vermont

If you own an RV, camper, or travel trailer, you need RV and Camper Insurance. Read on to learn about the basics of this type of insurance, and if it’s appropriate for your situation.


Is It Required?

RV and camper liability insurance is required in every state, and some states also require uninsured and underinsured motorists coverage. This law applies:

  • When you purchase an RV, camper, or travel trailer.
  • Your lender will require proof of insurance coverage before approving your financing.
  • If you use your RV part time.
  • If you live in your RV full time.
  • If you rent an RV for a vacation.

You may be wondering if your homeowner’s insurance or auto insurance gives you enough coverage for your recreational vehicle. The answer is no, your RV, camper, or travel trailer requires a separate policy.


What Is Covered?

RV and camper insurance typically includes the following:


This covers costs should you collide with another vehicle (regardless of who is at fault) or non-living object (not a person or animal).


This covers costs of collision, fire and smoke, flood, lightning, hail, windstorm, animals, vandalism, low branches or overhangs, and theft.


This covers the costs of bodily injury, property damage, and legal costs should you be at fault for causing an accident.

Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists:

This covers you and your passengers should someone without insurance or not enough insurance causes an accident with you.

Depending on your insurance company and the coverage you choose, you can also get these additional coverages:

Total Loss Replacement:

There are different coverage options which include Market Value, Agreed Value, and Purchase Price Guarantee.

Campsite or Vacation Liability:

This covers the liability costs should a third party get hurt while your rv or camper is parked in a campsite .

Attached Accessories:

This covers costs for damaged awnings, satellite dishes, tv antennas, etc.

Personal Effects:

This covers the items inside your RV or camper against loss from theft, fire, accidents, or other disasters.

Emergency expenses:

This covers the cost of temporary living expenses, travel costs, transportation, and the return of the RV to the insured’s primary residence.

Towing and roadside:

This coverage provides for 24/7 towing and roadside assistance should you encounter a mechanical breakdown, run out of fuel, or lock yourself out of the RV or camper.

Consult with your insurance agent for the fine print on the above coverage options.


How Much Does It Cost?

RV and camper insurance costs depend on the types of coverage you purchase, your deductibles, and the payout limits you set in your policy. However, they also depend on which class or model of rv or camper you are driving, whether you use it occasionally or full-time, and your driving history.

While costs vary widely, as an example, a Class A RV may cost $1,000-$3,000 per year to insure.

You may be eligible for a discount if you have multiple policies with the same insurance agency, are a non-smoker, and have an anti-theft device.

For more information or to get a quote on RV and camper insurance in Vermont, contact Taylor-Moore Agency.

Get a Free Quote!

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Our Providers

Toll Free: 800-449-2294

Call us at 802-766-2294 or fill out the quote form above today!

We would love to show you what we can do for you!