Recreational Vehicle Insurance in Vermont | Taylor-Moore Agency

Insurance for Recreational Vehicles in Vermont

If you own a recreational vehicle in Vermont, you may need to invest in additional insurance coverage!

off road vehicles

How much recreational vehicle insurance do you need?

Recreational vehicles are meant to be enjoyed, but it is much easier to relax and have fun when you know that you and your property are protected. If you own a recreational vehicle, you may need to invest in additional insurance coverage. Read more about general recreational vehicle insurance below or select one of the following recreational vehicles to learn about insurance for that vehicle.

(Click on the type of insurance you want to learn more about.)

What types of insurance coverage do I need?

Recreational vehicle insurance isn’t exactly like auto insurance, but many of the types of coverage needed are the same. Although recreational vehicle insurance isn’t always mandatory, you should invest in additional coverage if you want to protect yourself and your property. Consider investing in the following types of insurance coverage.

Liability Coverage For Injuries:

You may be less likely to injure others in an accident with a recreational vehicle than in an accident with a car, but it could still happen. If you are responsible for another person’s injuries, the medical costs could quickly skyrocket and leave you liable for payments you can’t afford to make. Hopefully, you never injure anyone while you’re using a recreational vehicle, but if you do, liability coverage protects you and helps the injured party get the medical treatment they need.

Liability Coverage For Property Damage:

You should also invest in insurance that covers you if you damage another person’s property. If you scrape someone’s boat with your jet ski or take a turn too quickly with your snowmobile, you could be responsible for thousands of dollars in damages. Invest in property damage liability coverage so you can continue your adventures worry free.

Medical Payments Coverage:

Unfortunately, your risk of injury may be higher if you’re using an off-road vehicle like an ATV, motorcycle, or snowmobile. Be sure to invest in medical payments coverage so that your medical needs can be met if there is an accident.

Comprehensive and Collision Coverage:

Your boat, trailer, Jet Ski, or snowmobile represents a substantial investment. Make sure that investment is protected if it is damaged by a collision, vandalism, fire, or other unexpected problem.

How much insurance coverage do I need?

The amount of coverage you need will depend on your lifestyle, budget, assets, and goals. Ask yourself the following questions when determining how much coverage you need:

  • How much would it cost to replace your snowmobile or ATV?
  • What assets would you lose if you were sued for injuring someone or causing property damage?
  • Will your health insurance coverage provide enough protection if you’re in an accident?
  • How much can you afford to spend on premiums each month?
  • How much risk are you comfortable with?

After considering the above questions, contact a Vermont insurance agent for more guidance about choosing the correct amount of coverage.

Which vehicles need coverage?

You probably already have auto insurance, but if you own other recreational vehicles in Vermont, you may need to adjust your insurance policy. Snowmobile insurance, for example may be mandatory in your area. If you own a boat, jet ski, camping trailer, yacht, ATV, dirt bike, or a snowmobile, you should reevaluate your insurance coverage and make sure that you and your assets have adequate protection.

Get a Free Quote!

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Our Providers

Toll Free: 800-449-2294

Call us at 802-766-2294 or fill out the quote form above today!

We would love to show you what we can do for you!